Swarm in nature
Cyber security VSB - Technical University of Ostrava
Cyber Security research group
We would like to inform you that the VŠB cyber security group has started to organize security training for the public and companies.
S radostí bychom vám chtěli oznámit, že skupina počítačové bezpečnosti VŠB začala organizovat bezpečnostní školení pro veřejnost a firmy.
Cybersecurity is at VSB-TUO addressed at the Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science (FEECS), maily by the Department of Computer Science and the Department of Telecommunications. The departments are active in both research and education. In the education area, there is a master level of study programme accredited in Czech and English and several graduate students pursuing the Ph.D. degree in topics relevant for cybersecurity. In the field of cybersecurity research, the focus is put on computer malware and related topics, hacking prevention and protection, and penetration testing. The members of the research team are representatives of the Czech Republic in the COST Action 17124 Digital Forensics: Evidence Analysis via Intelligent Systems and Practices (DigForASP).
We have participated in calls and grants such as FP7, H2020, Erasmus+, TACR and GACR.
Our research is published regularly in well known journals.
Our researchers are always willing to consult security matters with public.
Our group was participating as investigators in many real life incidents.
More about us
Cyber Security group in Numbers
Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science is the biggest faculty at VSB-TU.More info about faculty
Car control system
Automotive and IoT
Malware and computer attacks
General Cyber Security
- INDECT 7th Framework Programme EU, 2012-2014: The purpose of the project is to involve European scientists and researchers in the development of solutions to and tools for automatic threat detection through e.g. processing of CCTV camera data streams, standardization of video sequence quality for user applications, threat detection in computer networks as well as data and privacy protection.
- SGS Cybersecurity and unconventional algorithms, 2013-2019: Researchers are selected mainly from doctoral students and are given specific tasks from current cyber security problems. This year topic was Cryptocurrencies analysis.
- Big data analysis of banking transactions and development of Anti-Money Laundering strategies (PricewaterhouseCoopers), 2017: development and testing of algorithms over anonymised and engineered / modified data to identify suspicious financial flows, identifiable as "money laundering". In this direction is calculated using the methodology of complex networks and unconventional data analysis.
- TACR TF01000091 – Security of Mobile Devices and Communication, 2015- 2018: The project deals with the development of solution allowing secure communication and protection of sensitive data on mobile devices that are used in the state and the private domain. Output of the project is set of virtual images with preinstalled software that is ready to be deployed at any secure location. This international project was done in cooperation with Vietnam republic.
- CZ.02.2.69/0.0/0.0/16014/0000648 – 31/5000 Excellence in technology transfer at VSB - Technical University of Ostrava (Cyber security), 2017-2019:The aim of the project is the exchange of information between subjects involved in cyber security research. This takes the form of visits of various scientific institutions in the European Union, where both parties will engage in discussions on possible future projects and grants.